Modern Nature: Georgia O'Keeffe and Lake George
At the de Young February 15–May 11
Join or renew today!
Membership benefits are valid at the de Young and Legion of Honor.
- Unlimited free admission for one member and a guest* to the permanent collections and most special exhibitions at the de Young and the Legion of Honor
- Invitations to special members-only events and viewing hours
- Priority ticketing for special exhibitions
- Discounts from 10 to 20 percent in the de Young and Legion of Honor Museum Stores
- Free subscription to members’ publications
Textile fragment (detail), North India, Sultanate Period, 13th–15th century. Silk. Gift of George and Marie Hecksher. 2000.186.1
The Caroline and H. McCoy Jones Department of Textile Arts contains more than 13,000 textiles and costumes from traditions around the world. A remarkable range of techniques are represented, including loom-woven textiles, non-woven fabrics such as bark cloth, felt and knitting, and objects embellished with beading and embroidery.