The museums recognize that educators frequently prefer to tour their own students through the museum collections. We are able to offer free admission, based on availability, to educators who place a request with four weeks’ advance notice. The Museums support self-guided visits by providing resources for in-class and in-gallery study on the Resources for Educators page. Due to limited ticket availability, unregistered groups are not guaranteed entry or free admission.
Schedule at a Glance
Legion of Honor
Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, 9:30 am–3:30 pm
Wednesdays, noon–3:30 pm
Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays, noon–3:30 pm
Thursdays, 9:30 am–3:30 pm
Things to know when scheduling
• Special exhibition visits are subject to availability. Schools are restricted from visiting special exhibitions during the first two and last two weeks they are on view.
• All K–12 students must be chaperoned by an adult at all times, without exception. The museums require a 1:10 ratio of adults to students.
• For groups larger than 60, we require a completed Large-Group Orientation form to be sent four weeks in advance.
• Lunch arrangements must be made by the school and must take place offsite.
• When visiting the Legion, carefully plan to leave backpacks offsite, due to limited storage capabilities within the museum.
At the de Young
At the Legion of Honor