- Hours + Admission
- Getting Here
- Group Visits
- Hotel + Visitor Packages
- Museum Policies
- Make a Gift
- Patrons Circle
- Individual Giving
- Corporate, Foundation + Government Giving
- Planned Giving
Poets in the Galleries
New Program Changes
Devorah Major, poet and teacher, and other Bay Area poets will now lead classes through a single 90-minute session at the de Young during Spring 2018. Students participate in a variety of writing excercises designed to raise their awareness of the art objects they are viewing and to sharpen their ability to use language effectively to interpret what they are seeing and experiencing around them. For more information about the recent changes, please refer to the web form.
Know Before You Go
- Requests for Spring 2018 will be available August 15, 2017.
- Reservations are required a minimum of eight weeks in advance.
- Poets in the Galleries is free, but reservations must be held with a deposit check of $100 made out to COFAM
- Please use one reservation form for each class or teacher.
- Poetry classes are appropriate for student in grades 4 through 12.
- Maximum 30 students per class.
- Classes offered Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursdays; single visits only.
- Sessions are 1 and ½ hour long.
- Morning session: 9:30 am–11 am or afternoon session: noon–1:30 pm.
Poets in the Galleries is made possible with support from the Joseph and Mercedes McMicking Foundation.