- Hours + Admission
- Getting Here
- Group Visits
- Hotel + Visitor Packages
- Museum Policies
- Make a Gift
- Patrons Circle
- Individual Giving
- Corporate, Foundation + Government Giving
- Planned Giving
Poets in the Galleries Reservation Request Form
Fall 2017–Spring 2018 | Grades 4–12
New Program Changes
In-gallery writing exercises led by devorah major and other Bay Area poets sharpen students’ abilities to use language effectively to interpret what they see and experience. This year's program will consist of single sessions and will be hosted at the de Young during Spring 2018. The Legion of Honor is unavailable this fall due to other programming.
- Reservation requests are required a minimum of eight weeks in advance for the program listed here.
- Requests are not confirmed until the teacher or contact receives a confirmation letter from the museum.
- Poets in the Galleries tours are free. A deposit check for $100 made out to COFAM must accompany all reservation requests. Your deposit will be returned to you after your visit. Cancellation with less than three weeks’ notice or no-shows result in forfeiture of deposit.
- Each Poets in the Galleries tour slot accommodates one class of 30 or fewer students. Larger groups require multiple slots.
- All requests are subject to availability.
- A minimum of one adult chaperone is required for every 10 students. This is mandatory for all K–12 group visits.
- Requests will be processed in the order in which they are received. Please use one reservation form for each class.
If you are applying for three or more classes, please consult the School Programs Office at 415-750-7696 or email email@example.com.