The Legion of Honor offers unique experiences for groups of all kinds. Visit a special exhibition, explore our extensive permanent collections, discover the architecture and gardens, and enjoy both casual and fine dining by booking a group visit.
What is a Group?
A group is 10 or more people. We encourage 10 or more people visiting the museum together to order tickets as a group in order to receive discounted admission rates and assistance planning your visit, including help arranging private tours and group dining options.
Booking a Group Visit
Download the appropriate group order form from the attachments listed below and fill it out completely, including payment information if you are paying by credit card. Email the form to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are paying by credit card, you may also place your order over the phone by calling us at 415.750.3620. If you are paying by check, you can mail it to us at:
FAMSF Group Sales
50 Hagiwara Tea Garden Dr
San Francisco, CA 94118
- We recommend submitting a ticket order form no later than three business days in advance of your desired visit date. Because tickets are subject to availability, we cannot guarantee access on shorter notice.
- Your admission reservation is not confirmed until you have received an emailed receipt.
Booking a Group Tour
We are pleased to offer special exhibition private tours led by FAMSF docents for your group visit! If you’d like to book a private tour for your group, please indicate this on your order form. You can book a private tour for your group by calling us at 415.750.3620 or emailing email@example.com.
Tour times and docent fees for hour-long special exhibition tours:
- During regular weekday business hours, tours may begin any time during the following blocks: 9:30–11am, 12–1pm, 2–4pm.
- Non business hours tours are currently unavailable.
- Weekend tours are currently unavailable.
- There is a $150 docent fee in addition to the cost of tickets. The fee is per group of 18 people, with one docent able to tour a group of up to 6 people.
- Tours are currently being limited to 6 people per docent. Larger groups will be assigned an appropriate number of docents and tour start times will need to be staggered (about 10 minutes apart); please schedule accordingly.
- Your order form and payment information must be received at least one month prior to your visit to secure a group tour.
Group audio tour information coming soon.
Does the Legion of Honor offer group rates for college or K–12 students or educators?
Yes, we have separate programs designed just for you! Learn more about education group visits and make reservation requests.
What if some members of my group have Fine Arts Museums membership?
If some members of your group have memberships with FAMSF, we are more than happy to provide the complimentary or discounted tickets they are entitled to. Simply attach a list of the members’ names and membership numbers to your group order form. Please note that complimentary member tickets do not count towards the minimum purchase requirement to book a private docent tour.
My group is interested in dining at the museum café. How do I arrange this?
Our museum cafés offer a variety of dining options. To inquire about group reservations, please contact the café.