We offer unique experiences for groups of all kinds. Explore our extensive permanent collections and special exhibitions, and enjoy casual or fine dining by booking a group visit.
What is a group?
A group is 10 or more people. We encourage 10 or more people visiting the museum together to order tickets as a group in order to receive discounted admission rates and planning assistance. For any group visiting with chaperones, a minimum of one chaperone is required per eight youths.
Booking a group visit
Fill out the group visit form completely, including payment information if you are paying by credit card.
If you are paying by credit card, you may also place your order over the phone by calling us at 415.750.3620.
All request forms need to be submitted with two weeks advance notice. We cannot guarantee access with shorter notice.
Your admission reservation is not confirmed until you receive an emailed receipt.
Booking a group tour
We are pleased to offer private special exhibition tours led by docents for your group visit! If you’d like to book a private tour for your group, please indicate this on your order form. You can book a private tour for your group by calling us at 415.750.3620 or emailing us at email@example.com.
Tour times and docent fees for hour-long special exhibition tours:
- During regular weekday business hours, tours may begin any time during the following blocks: 9:30 – 10:45 am, 1:30 – 4 pm.
- Tours outside of regular business hours are currently unavailable.
- There is a $150 docent fee for private tours, in addition to the cost of tickets. Additional fees apply for multiple docents.
- Tours are currently limited to 6 – 10 people per docent.
- Larger groups will be assigned an appropriate number of docents and charged per additional docent.
- Larger groups with multiple docents will need to be staggered (about 10 minutes apart); please schedule accordingly.
- Your order form and payment information must be received at least one month prior to your visit to secure a group tour.
Booking an Art Talk
Bring the museums to you! Art Talks are entertaining, educational, multimedia art presentations delivered by museum speakers. These talks can be presented to your group either on-site at your venue or online through Zoom. Select Art Talks are offered in Mandarin or Spanish. Onsite talks are $200 and live online talks are $150.
Please note: If you request an online (Zoom) talk, we ask that you host the talk on your platform and provide technical support during the program.
Group visit FAQs
Do you offer group rates for college or K – 12 students or educators?
Yes, we have separate programs designed just for you! Learn more about education group visits and make reservation requests.
What if some members of my group have Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco memberships?
If some members of your group have FAMSF memberships, we are more than happy to provide them with complimentary or discounted tickets. Simply attach a list of the members’ names and membership numbers to your group order form.
My group is interested in dining at the Museum Café. How do I arrange this?
Our Museum Cafés offer a variety of dining options. To inquire about group dining reservations, please contact the café.